Hemorrhoids are an internal or external expansion of veins in the rectum region, which causes pain and bleeding. Without being affected by this condition, here you will learn about 19 natural home remedies for hemorrhoids which are as efficient and offer quick and safe relief. But first, let’s take a look at the which are the main causes and why do they appear.
Causes And Symptoms
Hemorrhoids occur mostly in those who live a sedentary life. Sitting, or standing for a long time, pregnancy and older age, heavy lifting may be some of the hemorrhoids causes. Constipation is another cause of their appearance. If you „push” yourself when you go to the toilet, you can cause the appearance of hemorrhoids symptoms. Weight gaining is another reason which favorites the appearance of hemorrhoids. They can occur due to increased pressure exerted by the baby when a woman is pregnant but also due to hormonal changes that occur in their body. Depending on their location, hemorrhoids can be internal or external.
The internal ones are not painful, causing minor bleeding inside the anus. The external ones are extremely painful, are located outside the anus and can cause minor bleeding. Hemorrhoids can produce blood clots levels which are known as thrombi. Although over 50% of the world population has this condition, most people are seeking for home remedies for hemorrhoids because they feel ashamed to talk about their problem.
The main symptoms are painful sensations as burning, itching and bleeding, irritation of the anus, swelling, heaviness or pressure in the anus. There is nothing wrong in trying these herbal treatments. Also, you don’t want to apply specific medication without prior consultation with your specialist.
Top Natural Remedies For Hemorrhoids That Work
So besides drug therapy, here are 19 recommended home remedies for hemorrhoids:
1. Drink Fresh Vegetable Juice (if possible daily)
Fresh vegetable juice it is a must in the daily diet of people affected by the hemorrhoidal disease.
- 4 carrots
- 10 spinach leaves
- 1 stalk of celery
- a handful of parsley
- 1 black radish
- Put all ingredients in your juicer and press start.
- Slowly, drink the juice in the morning, on an empty stomach.
- Don’t eat anything for two hours after drinking it.
- It is recommended to drink 400-600 ml of fresh vegetable juice daily. This vegetable juice is an excellent natural remedy for hemorrhoids because will prevent constipation.
2. Yarrow Ointment and Tea
2.1. Yarrow Oinment
People can treat external hemorrhoids with yarrow ointment.
- 180g pure pig lard
- 30g yarrow flowers
- 30g raspberry tree leaves, fine cut
- Melt the lard in a can.
- When melted, add the yarrow flowers and the raspberry tree leaves, stir everything well, let them foam and remove from the stove.
- Leave the mix to cool down until the next day.
- The next day, repeat the melting process and filter everything through a cloth.
- Apply this ointment on the anus affected area before going to bed for maximum one week.
- During this week your hemorrhoids should vanish away.
2.2. Yarrow Tea
If you are bleeding a lot, the Yarrow tea can help immediately.
- 20g of yarrow
- 250ml of water
- Brew a tea out of 20g yarrow plant for one cup of water.
- Boil the plant in a boiling water cup, leave it to extract for one minute, filter it.
- Drink one cup in the morning, and one cup in the evening for two weeks.
3. Use Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera, the miracle plant, is very often used to heal hemorrhoids. It is a fast and efficient natural remedy. If you have hemorrhoids or anal fissures, it is recommended to drink 50 ml of aloe vera juice each day, on an empty stomach. You can also use aloe vera poultice on the skin surrounding the anus. It has an hemostatic effect and helps to heal the wound. Also, aloe vera can be used as a powder, tincture, ointment or cataplasm.
4. Swedish Bitter
Swedish Bitter, known as a decoction made out of dozens of herbs, can also be used when dealing with hemorrhoids.
- Moist a cotton pad in Swedish bitter and place it on the anus.
- Use it at evening, before going to bed, and leave it overnight to act.
- Before going to bed, also, you may drink a teaspoon of Swedish bitter at the same time, diluted in warm water in a cup of tea.
- Follow this natural remedy for maximum ten days.
5. Chamomile And Nettle Tea
Chamomile and Nettle Tea is helping to stop the hemorrhoidal bleeding.
- 20g chamomile flowers
- 20g nettle leaves
Prepare the tea from a teaspoon of chamomile flowers and a teaspoon of nettle leaves and put them in a cup of water. Drink 2-3 cups of tea per day.
6. Antihemorrhoidal Laxative Tea
This particular anti-hemorrhoidal laxative tea it is an antiseptic hemostatic and calming tea.
- 20g yarrow flowers
- 10g of each: chamomile flowers, nut tree leaves, perforate, dandelion
- 20g nettle leaves
- 20g buckthorn crust
- Brew a tea out of the plants and quantities mentioned above.
- Add a spoon of the blend to one cup of water.
- Drink two cups daily, one in the morning, on an empty stomach, and one before going to bed.
7. Sitz Baths
Warm sitz baths are a good idea for the ones suffering from hemorrhoid pains. They have a calming and antiseptic effect. You can have warm sitz baths daily, sitting with your knees uplifted. The warm water calms down the pain and increases the blood flow in the area. These baths also help with reducing the swelling of the affected blood vessels.
7.1. Sitz Batz With Yarrow
- 60g yarrow flowers
- 1 liter of water
Brew a tea with one gallon of water and 60g of yarrow flowers. Sit with your bottom in the warm tea.
7.2. Sitz Batz With Shepherd’s Purse
Warm sitz bath with shepherds purse calm the pain, but also to stop the bleedings.
- 100g dry shepherd’s purse
- 1litter of water
- You need to brew a tea first, for this bath.
- Add 100g dry Shepard’s purse for 1 liter of water. The water should be boiling.
- Leave it for 5 minutes for the essential flavors to be extracted out from the plant, then filter the tea and add it to the bathtub that contains warm water.
- Your back must be in the water for these kinds of baths to be efficient.
- The duration is 20 minutes.
- Don’t wipe your “bottom” after the bath.
- Stay in the bathrobe for one hour.
- You can sit on the bed, in a comfortable position.
8. Chamomile Cream
The chamomile cream is very effective against external hemorrhoids.
- 250g of lard
- 2 handful chamomile flowers
- Melt the lard in a can.
- When it has melted, add the chamomile flowers, stir well, let it foam and remove from the heat source.
- Leave it until the next day. T
- he next day repeat the melting process and then filter through a cloth.
- You can treat external hemorrhoids with this cream by applying it on the anus affected area before going to bed.
- Keep the cream in a box or well-closed jars.
9. Horsetail Tea
The common horsetail is known from ancient times for its hemostatic characteristics. This plant’s tea will stop hemorrhoids bleedings immediately.
- 20-40g horsetail plant
- 250 ml water
Brew a tea with 20g or 40g of horsetail, depending on how severe the bleeding is. Boil the plant in a cup of hot water, left one minute for the extract, filtered, and the, you can drink 2-3 cups of tea per day.
10. Clay Cataplasms
Clay poultices are another natural remedy for hemorrhoids.
- 1 spoon of clay
- 20 ml warm water
Mix the clay powder with the warm water, until you create a paste. Apply this paste on the swollen area and leave it to act for two hours.
11. Use Coconut Oil
Apply directly to external one’s coconut oil. Repeating this home remedy for a few days in a row may lead to the hemorrhoids disappearance.
12. Comfrey Root Tea
The comfrey root has hemostatic, calming and healing properties. It is one of the most used plants for soothing swollen hemorrhoids.
- 4-5 spoons with comfrey root
- 250 ml of water
Brew a concentrated tea made of comfrey root and pour it in the water-filled bathtub. Use 4-5 root spoons for each 250 ml of water.
13. Lemon And Ginger Juice Or Tea
Make lemonade or tea from one lemon, add some ginger and honey. Drink one glass of the resulted juice each day. The anti-oxidants found in ginger and lemons assist in healing this hemorrhoidal issues.
14. Onion Paste
Take a medium sized onion, grate it and mix it with honey. Apply the paste on the affected area. Now mix five tablespoons of refined sugar with a small sliced onion in a container. It’s guaranteed to develop an unusual taste, but eating it one or two times a day will help to cure hemorrhoids.
15. Ice Packs
Put ice cubes in a plastic bag, then wrap it in a soft cloth and apply the pack in the rectal area. These packs will contract the blood vessels and quickly ease the pain. Hold the pack for 20 minutes on the area. You can repeat this procedure whenever is needed.
Swallow one olive pomace tablespoon on an empty stomach in the morning for two months and you’ll get rid of constipation forever. This way you will prevent constipation which is the main cause of hemorrhoids appearance.
17. Carrots Leaf Tea
People eating fresh carrots leaf tea each day will cure their hemorrhoids in maximum 3-4 months. It takes a long time but experts say that this tea will support your body and hemorrhoids will not appear again.
You will need:
- 6 tablespoons of carrot leaf
- 1lt of water
- Boil the water and put the carrot leaves in it.
- Let the tea stay covered for 30 minutes.
- Drink one cup of tea two times a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.
By drinking carrot leaves tea for four months, you will cleanse your body and in the same time, you will get rid of hemorrhoids.
The cabbage is another natural remedy also helping with hemorrhoid curing. Take a cabbage leaf and smash it with a knife. Put the smashed cabbage on the affected area and leave it there for 10 minutes. Repeat the procedure daily, for two months.
19. Potato Suppositories
This is a Russian natural hemorrhoids remedy. You need one potato. Cut it into small pieces, in the form of suppositories. Insert the piece into the anus and leave it there the 2-3 hours. It is a homemade remedy for internal hemorrhoids only. What Can I say, Russians knows it or not?
What To Do When You Have Hemorrhoids
Go To The Toilet Whenever Is Needed
This is vital in avoiding hemorrhoids. Postponing it causes constipation, and that means you’ll have to force yourselves more when going to the toilet. This is how hemorrhoids appear. If you wait, you’ll be constipated, which means you have to push yourself more when you go to the toilet. By doing this, you will cause hemorrhoids to occur.
Wash After Each Stool
It is critical to keep the right hygiene after each stool. Wash your „bottom” well. It is not recommended to use scented toilet paper or chemicals that may irritate the skin. Use damp napkins and rub the area gently. Hygiene is crucial for the ones suffering from hemorrhoids.
Avoid Sitting Down For Long Periods Of Time
When you are sitting a lot at your workplace, it is recommended to move from time to time. Take a break of 5 minutes for each hour and take a talk. You can prevent hemorrhoids this way.
Be „Idle” For At Least 30 Minutes Per Day
When dealing with hemorrhoids, the recommendation is to lie on a comfortable couch. Position your legs higher than the body. This will decrease the weight pressure from the anal area. This position will also help you improve the blood flow.
You must avoid drinking alcohol, coffee or carbonated drinks. Also, avoid strong spices. Drink two liters of water per day to avoid constipation. Eating excessively salted food may cause hemorrhoids or aggravate them. The salt induces the body to retain water. Thus, the blood vessels in the rectal area may swell.
It is critical to know what caused the hemorrhoids, to avoid their return. It is important to know the symptoms of this disease, and it is good to know as many homemade remedies as possible so that you can use them when needed. The hemorrhoids don’t need an immediate medical check. If you see tiny light red blood threads in the feces, you can be sure that this is the first sign to try one of the home remedies above initially. See a doctor only if you suffer from severe bleedings from the anus or soiling.